TDCH Morpheus Ruler of Dreams at Astraios
NTD, ITD, ATD, ETD, TD-ROM
Head shot by Melanie Peek Photography
Hip Score – 5/7 – DNA Profiled
4th February 2008 – 1st January 2018
Sh Ch Sharnphilly Awesome JW Sh CM x Sharnphilly Roses R Red
Kodi’s other pages:
Kodi pictured at 2 years old
We sadly lost our lovely boy on New Years Day 2019, gone but most definitely not forgotten, my heart hurts and I miss him every day. Here is what I wrote about him whilst he was still with us……….
I began showing Kodi at Championship level in May 2009 when he attended his very 1st Championship show under the renowned Judge Mr Frank Kane and it was Mr Kane’s kind comments afterwards that spurred me on to continue showing. In the UK longhaired Weimaraners and shorthaired Weimaraners are shown together in the same classes. From then to date (November 2012), Kodi has been placed at every single show (Open & Championship level) where he has attended his class except for just 2.
During 2010 Kodi was awarded his first ‘Best of Breed’ at Open level and this was quickly followed by two ‘Reserve Best of Breeds’, a big class win at his first Championship show of the year, another two ‘Best of Breed’ awards and he ended the year in December with another ‘Reserve Best of Breed’. Kodi’s last Championship show to date was January 2011 where he was awarded Reserve place in a very strong PGD class by Mr Frank Kane, he was the only Longhaired Weimaraner placed that day.
Having said all that, Kodi is not just a pretty face, at 15mths old, with no previous formal Gundog training, he was entered in his first Gundog Working Test in the Special Beginners class and I was really proud when he achieved a 3rd place out of a good entry. He excelled at the water work and having never previously done any water work at all, he managed a score of 20/25. He also completed his very first ever memory retrieve with a score of 8/10. Unfortunately Kodi completed a perfect sit stay, followed it with a perfect recall to whistle but then unfortunately dove off to the side to go to the toilet! This lost him points in the process which would have seen him take 1st place as there was only 1 point between the top 3 places … I was never the less over the moon with his work that day.
Kodi holds his bronze Kennel Club Good Citizen Award but I never sought to progress through Silver or Gold.
In 2009 we passed the Essex 2000 Working Trials membership test (which included various scent work, off lead heel work and retrieves etc). Although we did not stay with Essex 2000, during 2011 we dipped our toe back into Working Trials (see blog) and had a fun time doing so but sadly we simply cannot do everything so this is only something we ‘dable’ in for fun in our spare training time.
With regards breed representation, in 2009 Kodi had the honour of representing the Longhaired Weimaraner at the 2nd International Festival of Falconry in the Sporting Dogs meet & greet tent, the ‘Gundog parade’ and the ‘All Nations closing parade’. Kodi did the breed proud, he behaved impeccably when surrounded for the first time ever, with an array of birds, camels, horses, flags and many, many people dressed in all sorts of interesting native attire (link to some photos of the day / link to youtube video of the event)
The Grand Parade Part 2/2
Kodi can be seen at 4:36 along with Me, Nigel & Misty
Above and beyond the working or showing side of Kodi he is a bright and beautiful soul. He was always extra gentle with my mum who unfortunately had MS and is equally great with toddlers and was always a firm favourite of the little girl that used to live opposite us. Kodi loves to keep busy and enjoys nothing better than helping round the house, he regularly helps out by filling the washing machine with my laundry basket items and loves to hand me pegs as I hang out the washing, he is always looking for his next job!
Gabriella (my daughter) and I have clicker trained Kodi to do many tricks and tasks and he really enjoys clicker time and works willingly and always with a smile on his face, during 2011 we started work towards his trick dog title as he was always a young man who enjoyed to be engaged 24/7. In October 2011 Kodi earned his Trick Dog Champion Title from the Kyra Sundance scheme “Do More With Your Dog!”, whilst not a title such as those awarded by the Kennel Club for field work, working trials etc, it is a title of which I am immensely proud as it is testimony to Kodi’s wonderful mind, willingness to work with me and the brave spirit with which he tries each new trick!
Kodi began agility training properly in April 2011 and went straight on to win 1st place jumping at his very first in-house agility competition, gained his first clear round at his 3rd UKA Agility show and was placed at his very first Kennel Club agility competitions too. We have never competed seriously with either dog but go simply for fun as we and the dogs just really enjoy the whole day out, good company and good fun but given the results so far, I have no doubt they would do brilliantly if we trained for it seriously.
In 2013 we began once a month gundog training with Trevor Rigby and in just 10 sessions Kodi went from clueless as to what we were doing, to working to the gun rough shooting and providing us with our first pheasant dinner. It has to be one of my proudest moments watching him work and being part of his team!
Last but not least, 2014 saw us commence Schweisshund training, something I am interested in doing with the dogs whenever we have a little extra time to train but unfortunately isn’t something I can dedicate real time to just now.
I am honoured that we were lucky enough to have Kodi as our introduction to Weimaraners. He is an amazing dog that can turn his paw to literally anything and he picks up new things in a heart beat.
The bright and beautiful soul that is Kodi, who changed my life forever.
Kodi’s achievements to date
Kodi began enjoying his retirement at 8 years old. His best year was 2010 where he would have been the Top Longhaired Weimaraner based on the clubs points system (despite this claim being made in print by another, based on what I don’t know!) but at the time I was unfortunately informed that agility didn’t count towards the points and therefore my claim didn’t go through.
He ended his career with:
- Trick Dog Title – TD-ROM (Register of Merit) – 1st Weimaraner to hold this title
- Redgates Agility Show 2015 – 6th Place Large Jumping grades 1-2
- FAB Agility Show 2015 – 3rd Place Newbie Jumping
- East Anglia Winter Series (UKA) – CLEAR Novice Steeplechase 1 & CLEAR Novice Steeplechase 2
- Gundog Agility League 2014 – Finished 9th Place overall
- Keston Agility Club KC Show – CLEAR Large Combined 1-4 ABC Jumping
- Cambridgeshire Canines Agility Show – 1st Beginners Jumping, 3rd Beginners Power and Speed, 4th Beginners Agility
- FAB 2014 – 2nd Place Large Newbie Jumping, 3rd Place Large Newbie Agility
- K9 Sports (UKA) – 2nd Place Steeplechase I, 2nd Place Steeplechase II
- Successfully completed the BMHS of GB ‘Introduction to Schweisshund’ track
- Successfully working on rough shooting days.
- Awarded 8th Place in the Gundog Agility League 2013 – the only placed Weimaraner
- East Anglia Winter Series (UKA) – CLEAR Novice Steeplechase 1
- East Anglia Winter Series (UKA) – 2nd Place Beginners Agility, 3rd Place Novice Steeplechase I & 2nd Place Novice Steeplechase II
- Suffolk Five Rivers Agility Club Show (KC) – *Saturday CLEAR Agility grades 1-2, CLEAR ABC Jumping comb 1-3 *Sunday Jumping graded 1-2, CLEAR Helter Skelter Comb grades 1-3
- Burnham & District Agility Club Show (KC) – *Saturday 4th Place Jumping graded 1, 2 & 5th Place Agility graded 1, 2 * Sunday 4th Place Jumping graded 1, 2 & CLEAR Large Jumping Combined grades 1-7
- Beresfords Wish Charity Agility Show – CLEAR Steeplechase 1, 4th Place Novice Steeplechase 2
- Redgates Independent Agility Show – CLEAR Blackholes comb 1-7, 8th Place Jumping all grades, 2nd Place Jumping Grd 1, 2
- East Midlands Canine Society – 1st Place Weimaraner Open Dog or Bitch & RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- Colchester Dog Agility Show – 3rd Place Grd 1-2 Jumping, Clear Comb 1-7 Helter Skelter
- Kingston Canine Society Open Show – 3rd Place Weimaraner Open Dog or Bitch
- Kelluki Agility Show – 3rd Place Beginners Power & Speed
- Whistable & District Canine Society Open Show – 1st Weimaraner Open Dog or Bitch & BEST OF BREED & GROUP SHORTLISTED !
- Higham Companion Show – AV Gundog – 3rd in a 30+ class
- Beckenham Canine Association – AV Gundog Open – Unplaced
- Cambridgeshire Canines Agility Show – 3rd Novice Steeplechase II, 3rd Beginners Agility & Clear Novice Steeplechase II
- FAB Agility Show – 5th Place Steeplechase
- K9 Sports Agility Show – Clear Novice Steeplechase II
- Broadlands Agility Show – No clears but a super day
- JDA Independent Agility Show – Clear Steeplechase CG1-3, Clear Jumping CG1-2
- East Anglian Winter Series March Show (UKA) – 2nd Place Agility & 3rd Place Jumping
- Horley & District Show Society – 2nd Open Dog or Bitch & RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- Louandi Agility Show – 10th Place in Speed Jumping
- East Anglian Winter Series March Show (UKA)
- East Anglian Winter Series Agility Show (UKA) Dec – 4th Place Steeplechase
- Pachesham Agility Show – 3rd Place in Steeplechase
- Louandi Agility Show – CLEAR in Speed Jumping
- East Anglian Winter Series Agility Show (UKA) Nov – 4th Place Steeplechase I & 1st Place Steeplechase II
- South of England Gundog Club Open Show – 1st Open Dog or Bitch
- Thames Valley Agility Show (UKA) – CLEAR in Steeplechase
- Barking Canine Club Open Show – 1st Open Dog or Bitch and RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- Beckenham Canine Association Open Show – Reserve AV Gundog Open
- AJAXS Agility Show (UKA) – CLEAR in Jumping and CLEAR in Steeplechase
- Weimaraner Club of Great Britain CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – 2nd Special Longhaired Dog
- Kent County Canine Association Open Show – 2nd AVNSC Open Dog or Bitch
- East Midlands Canine Society Open Show – 2nd Open Dog or Bitch
- BOURNEMOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – Unplaced (9)
- Kingston Canine Society Open Show – 1st Open Dog or Bitch & RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- CHAMPION TRICK DOG TITLE – TD CH MORPHEUS RULER OF DREAMS AT ASTRAIOS
- Trick Dog Title – ETD (Expert Trick Dog)
- Trick Dog Title – ATD (Advanced Trick Dog)
- Trick Dog Title – ITD (Intermediate Trick Dog)
- Trick Dog Title – NTD (Novice Trick Dog)
- Essex Flyers Club Agility Show – 1st place Introductory Jumping (all heights combined)
- MANCHESTER CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – Reserve Post Graduate Dog (8 entries)
- Luton Canine Association Open Show – 1st Post Graduate Dog or Bitch and RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- East Kent Canine Society Open Show – 3rd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch AVNSC (6 entries)
- Gravesend & Medway Towns Canine Society Open Show – 1st Post Graduate Dog or Bitch AVNSC & BEST AVNSC (5 entries)
- East Anglian Gundog Society Open Show – 3rd Place Open Longhaired Dog or Bitch
- Barking Canine Club Open Show – 2nd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch AVNSC (6 entries)
- Eastbourne & District Canine Society Open Show – 1st Post Graduate Dog or Bitch & BEST OF BREED
- RICHMOND CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – Post Graduate Dog – First & only show to date where he was unplaced (8 entries)
- Horley & District Show Society Open Show – 1st Open Dog or Bitch & BEST OF BREED
- Kent County Canine Association Open Show – Reserve AVNSC Open Dog or Bitch
- BOURNEMOUTH CANINE ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – 1st Post Graduate Dog (7 entries)
- East of England Ladies Kennel Society Open Show – 3rd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch
- Mid-Western Gundog Society Open Show – 1st Post Graduate Dog or Bitch
- Kingston Canine Society Open Show – 2nd Post Graduate & RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- Frecheville (Sheffield) & District Canine Society Open Show – 2nd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch & RESERVE BEST OF BREED
- Whistable & District Canine Society Open Show – 1st Post Graduate Dog or Bitch & BEST OF BREED
- Guildford & District Canine Society Open Show – 2nd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch
- Mid-Herts Gundog Club Open Show – 2nd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch (3 entries)
- Mid-Herts Gundog Club Open Show – 2nd Special Open Longhaired Dog or Bitch
- South of England Gundog Club Open Show – 3rd Post Graduate Dog or Bitch
- Chelmsford & District Canine Society Open Show – 3rd Place AVNSC Graduate (6 entries)
- Bournemouth Championship Show – 3rd Place Yearling
- East of England Championship Show – 2nd place Novice
- East of England Championship Show – Reserve Yearling
- East of England Championship Show – Reserve Junior
- Windsor Championship Show – 1st place Yearling
- Windsor Championship Show – 3rd place Junior
- Southern Counties Championship Show – VHC Yearling
- South of England Gundog Club Open Show – 3rd place Post Graduate
- South of England Gundog Club Open Show – 1st place Junior Dog or Bitch
- Chelmsford & District Canine Open Show – 1st place Junior Dog or Bitch
- Weimaraner Association Championship Show – Reserve Special Longhaired Dog or Bitch
- Weimaraner Association Championship Show – 3rd place Special Beginners
- Successfully working on rough shooting days
- Successfully completed the BMHS of GB introductory Schweisshund track
- Top winning Longhaired dog or bitch 2010, based on the Weimaraner club points system
- Bronze Kennel Club Good Citizen Award Holder
- Placed 3rd in Kennel Club Working Test Special Beginners on first time ever entered (and only 1 point from 1st Place)
- Placed in UKA Open Agility Competition (including firsts)
- Placed in first ever KC Agility Show (3rd Place)
- Finished 5th place Grade 1 Agility Dog in his first year in the Weimaraner league
- Finished overall 8th place in his first year in the Gundog league
- CRUFTS Qualified numerous times
- Placed in the Breed at Championship level (including 1st places)
- Placed in the Breed at Open shows
- Showring winner of 14 x 1st places, 11 x 2nd places, 10 x 3rd places, 6 x reserve places, 1 x VHC, crowned with 4 x BOB’s, 7 x RBOB’s and gained a group shortlist
- Placed in AVNSC Classes (including Best AVNSC)
- 1st UK Dog, 1st Weimaraner & 1st Longhaired Weimaraner to become a Trick Dog Champion under the Kyra Sundance ‘Do More with Your Dog’ scheme and also the 1st to be awarded the TD-ROM title for producing offspring earning the required amount of titles.
- Passed the Essex 2000 Working Trials Club Membership test in 2000
- Represented the Longhaired Weimaraner in 2009 at the International Festival of Falconry
- Available as a Limited Edition Print & Greetings Card